Brown Sugar Brownies
prep time : 5-10 minutes
yield : One 13 x 9-inch pan
baking/cooking time : 35-40 minutes
2 sticks or 1 cup of butter
6 ImperialŪ Redi Measure Light Brown Sugar pouches (1-1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of salt
2-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (Spoon and sweep method*)
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
* Using a large spoon, fill the measuring cup with flour until the required amount is obtained.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Cream the butter until fluffy.
2. Add the brown sugar and vanilla. Then, mix well.
3. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated after mixed.
4. Then, mix in salt.
5. Sift together the flour and baking soda and add to the above ingredients. Stop mixing once the flour is fully incorporated in mixture.
6. Spread the mixture on a 13-inch x 9-inch parchment paper lined or well buttered pan.
7. Bake in oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the center feels firm when gently pressed.
8. Let cool before removing from pan and cutting.
Recipe courtesy of Imperial Sugar
For more great recipes like this one, be sure to visit http://www.christmas-cookies.com