Chocolate Covered Raisin Cookies in a Jar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chocolate covered raisins
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Layer ingredients in order given in a quart size wide mouth canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place making sure you really pack it down before you add the flour mixture, it will be a tight fit but it will work.
Attach instructions to the jar:
Chocolate Covered Raisin Cookies
1. Empty cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
2. Add 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Add 1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Mix until completly blended. You may need to finish mixing with your hands.
4. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) 13 to 15 minutes until tops are very lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
For more great recipes like this one, be sure to visit http://www.christmas-cookies.com